Friday, September 2, 2011

We're Back!

After a 4 year hiatus, we are making another attempt at updating Abby's blog. This past week was her final week of summer vacation. She will be starting 1st grade on Sept. 6th. We met her teacher, saw her classroom and ran into a few of her friends during the open house at her elementary school. Abby is so excited to start school and trust me, I am SO excited for her to go back to school too. It has been a long summer but I would not give up my time with her for anything.

Abby is a very creative girl and loves to sing, dance and do arts & crafts. She finds great joy in making gifts for people. She has become an emergent reader and is doing a really good job. I am so proud of her reading ability and we continue to encourage her to read as much as possible. Over the summer, I have been reading chapter books to her at bedtime. I still add in a Dr. Seuss book whenever possible just to keep things fun.

Abby is a very physical kid and loves to play. Her favorite thing to do is have tickle fights. Hal makes sure to have one with her everyday before he leaves for work. This makes her very happy and let's her know that there is always time for fun.

Abby loves going to church both on Sunday & Wednesdays. She especially likes Sundays because she gets to help out by being an usher when the offering is being collected.

Abby & I got the chance to take a road trip to North Dakota this summer to see Great Grandma Sack. This was Abby's first long car ride and she did great ( thanks to the Victorious DVD that was playing all the way there and back ). Abby got to see grandma's house and also the University of North Dakota. She asked me if she could go to school there when she got older and of course, I said YES!

Well, I am going to stop here for now. Hopefully, we will be able to keep this blog updated a little better.

Tara

No comments: